The Gene and Cathie Lemon Art Research Library
The Lemon Art Research Library is a non-circulating research library with collection strengths that reflect those of the Museum's art collection. With more than 40,000 books, periodicals, artist files and more, the Library serves as an important resource for the community and state as the largest specialized fine arts library in the region. The public is invited to use the resources of the Lemon Art Research Library, free of charge, during public hours.
The Library's collections include materials on art criticism and art history with emphasis in Asian, Latin American, Western American, European, Modern & Contemporary, and Fashion Design.
Hours and Location
- Tuesday: 10 am–4 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am–7 pm
- Thursday: 10 am–4 pm
- Friday: 10 am–4 pm
- Sunday: During all Discount Tire Free Family times.
- The Lemon Art Research Library will be closed June 10 through mid-August for sprinkler installation. Art Lovers Book Club is also cancelled for July.
The Library hours are subject to change, please call 602.257.2139 for the latest updates. Appointments are encouraged to meet with the Librarian (email@example.com).
- Friday, February 22: Closed for Staff Development
- Monday, May 27: Closed
- Thursday, July 4–Friday, July 5: Closed
Please come directly to the administrative building (Wolfswinkel Education Center). To enter the building, follow the walkway from the parking lot between Phoenix Theater and the Museum, cross the Hall of Mirrors/Spielberg entrance, and directly across the courtyard to the Wolfswinkel Education Center. Enter the glass double doors. A reception station is inside the entry and can direct you from there.
The Library provides the following services to the public:
- Research Assistance to visitors.
- Telephone reference, brief biographical information provided, at (602) 257-2136.
- Referral to additional resources.
- Art Lovers Book Club! Visit the events calendar for bimonthly event information.
Online Search of the Library's Catalogue
The book holdings of the Art Research Library are searchable through the Phoenix Public Library website. The Museum's Lemon Art Research Library does not lend out its holdings. If you are a local resident, you may visit the Museum's Art Research Library during its public hours and use its resources. If you are not a local resident, the search will help you identify titles that you may want to borrow from your local public or university library.