Frequently Asked Questions About Volunteering at Phoenix Art Museum
We greatly appreciate the time and support our volunteers contribute to the Museum. In order to help you learn more about our Volunteer Program, we have listed the answers to our most commonly asked questions.
If you additional questions, please contact the Volunteer Office.
Question: Who do I contact at the Museum to volunteer?
Answer: Volunteer Office
Phone: (602) 307-2002
Fax: (602) 253-8662
Address: 1625 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Q: What is the minimum age to volunteer?
A: Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer without a parent or guardian. For more information about volunteers 15 years old or younger, please contact the Volunteer Office.
Q: Do I have to have a background in art/art history to volunteer?
A: Previous experience/knowledge of art/art history is not required. All you need is a pleasant and professional presence, excellent communication and customer service skills and we’ll provide the rest.
Q: Do I have to be a member of the Museum to volunteer?
A: Membership is always encouraged but not required to volunteer. However, participation in any one of the Museum’s twelve Support Organizations does require a current Museum membership.
Q: What are the benefits of volunteering at the Museum?
- Complimentary subscription to PhxArt magazine
- Invitations to exclusive events, including the annual Volunteer Appreciation Party
- 10% discount in The Museum Store
- 30% discount certificate for The Museum Store for every 50 hours of service
- Eligible for Monthly Volunteer Recognition Award
- Opportunity to learn about art and museum operations
- Satisfaction of giving back to the community
Q: How do I become a volunteer?
A: Simply complete and submit the volunteer application. Once your application has been received, a member of the Volunteer Office staff will contact you to schedule an orientation.