PhxArtx60 Anniversary Monday
Archival image, 1959.
Celebrate the 60th Anniversary Weekend of Phoenix Art Museum as we look back on the last ten years with PhxArt60: The Past Decade, art making activities, Store & café discounts, and much more. Plus, we’ll have extended hours on Sunday, November 17 from 10 am to 7 pm for our official birthday party and be open to all on Monday, November 18 to commemorate our anniversary! Share in the magic with #PhxArtx60!
Learn about Phoenix Art Museum throughout the decades with in-gallery conversations about objects from the collection. Each talk will feature an object (or two) that was added into the collection from a different decade—celebrating each of the six decades of the Museum.
Note: At 12:15pm and 1 pm there will be two presentations happening simultaneously.
- 12:15 to 12:45pm | Salomon Koninck, The Old Philosopher (1645-1650). Presented by Docent Brenna Saunders.
- 12:15 to 12:45pm | Fritz Scholder, Bi-Centennial Indian (1975) and Indian at the Circus (1970-1971). Presented by Master Docent Lisa Roger.
- 1 to 1:30pm | George Elbert Burr, The Edge of the Desert (1929) and Evening – Apache Trail Country – Arizona (20thcentury). Presented by Master Docent William Lykins.
- 1 to 1:30pm | Chinese, Blue and gold robe (not dated). Presented by Docent Janine Loiselle-Newbern.
- 1:45 to 2:15pm | Alexander Calder, Constellation with Orange Anvil (1960) and Moon and the Oar (1974). Presented by Docent Karen Kahler.
- 2:20 to 3pm | Unknown, Mexico, Retrato de Dona Maria Moreno y Buenaventura (c. 1760). Presented by Master Docent Bunny Gordon.
- 3:15 to 3:45pm | Josiah McElheny, Extended Landscape Model for Total Reflective Abstraction (2004). Presented by Docents John Engen and Lisa Spahr.
- 4 to 4:30pm | The Propeller Group (Phunam Thuc Ha, Matt Lucero, and Tuan Andrew Nguyen), AK-47 vs The M16 (2015). Presented by the Gerry Grout Education Director Kaela Sáenz Oriti.