First Friday at Phoenix Art Museum
In celebration of our landmark exhibition Masterworks of Spanish Colonial Art from Phoenix Art Museum's Collection we have partnered with Clandestino to present a Cumbia dance party! Free Museum general admission.
- Clandestino DJs Nico and M. Rocka
- DJ Julio Cesar Morales of Los Jaichackers
- La Diabla
- Pop-up dance performances choreographed by Liliana Gomez
- Mariachi Pasión | 6 to 7 p.m.
- Cash bar
Also, don't miss Poetry Reading: francine j. harris & Tarfia Faizullah at 7pm co-presented with the University of Arizona Poetry Center
Exhibitions on view:
- Masterworks of Spanish Colonial Art from Phoenix Art Museum's Collection - Free after 6 p.m.
- From New York to Mexico: Masterworks of American Modernism from The Vilcek Foundation Collection
- American and European Art from the 1920s and 1930s - Free after 6 p.m.
- One-of-a-Kind: Unique Photographic Objects from the Center for Creative Photography - Free after 6 p.m.
Phoenix Art Museum is one of four Artlink Phoenix First Friday Trolley hubs! Park and enjoy the Museum then take the trolley tour and explore all the downtown Phoenix arts and culture destinations. The Museum is conveniently located by the Central and McDowell Valley Metro Lightrail station.
Share your First Friday experience with hashtags #phxff #FromNYtoNM #1ofakind #SpanishColonial #AmEuModArt @phxart.
Cost: This event is on First Friday and is free and open to the public. #phxff
Photos of this event by Enrique "MR PHX" Garcia.