First Friday June 2019
From 6–10 pm on the first Friday of each month, Phoenix Art Museum is open to the public with voluntary donation admission. Share your First Friday experience: @phxart #phxartff
Image: Malakai, Souls, 2018. Screenshot of film. Courtesy of the artist.
June 7, 2019 First Friday happenings:
- See special exhibition Agnes Pelton: Desert Transcendentalist for only $5! Museum Members see them free, all the time. Join here.
- SOLD OUT!* See a sneak peak of the short film SOULS by Phoenix-based director and filmmaker Malakai, who is also featured in the 2018 Phoenix Art Museum Artists’ Grants Recipients exhibition. SOULS is a visual exhibition, photographic art & and film installation that captures the totality of mortality, blackness and Afro-futurism. *See SOULS again beginning Saturday, June 15 playing on a loop in Whiteman hall as part of the Artist Grants exhibition included with general admission. More information available here.
Practice drawing from a live model with artist Veralyn Johnson.Enjoy Happy Hour at Palette from 3 pm to 6 pm for an artfully delicious happy hour before joining Phoenix Art Museum for First Friday. On this special patio menu, enjoy $3.50 beer, $5 select wines, $5 Margarita, along with specials on appetizers.
- Artlink: Phoenix Art Museum is one of five Artlink Phoenix First Friday Trolley hubs. Park and enjoy the Museum then take the trolley tour and explore all the downtown Phoenix arts and culture destinations. The Museum is conveniently located by the Central and McDowell Valley Metro Lightrail station.
Help us create a safe environment for you and the art by remembering the following:
‣ Artworks in the Museum are not to be touched.
‣ Food and drink (including water bottles) are not allowed in the Museum.
‣ Backpacks (large and small) are discouraged as they can damage the art. Shoulder bags are allowed.
Getting Here by Light Rail
The closest station to the Museum is Number 10, McDowell & Central. See this link to download the metro light rail brochure, containing a full map, fare details and operating hours.
A limited amount of parking is available at the Museum. Paid parking may* be available north of the Museum at Central United Methodist Church from 5 pm-10 pm on First Friday. The charge is $10 and can be paid using cash or credit card.
*Paid parking not always available. Ride share, bike share or park-and-ride strongly recommended.
First Fridays at Phoenix Art Museum are generously sponsored by Macy's.