First Friday at Phoenix Art Museum
Join us for an evening of music and art as we open the international contemporary mail art exhibition: Focus Latin America: Art is Our Last Hope, curated by Dr. Vanessa Davidson and John Held Jr.
Exhibitions on view:
- Sacred Stories and Images of the Buddha: The Vessantara Jataka Scroll - Free after 6 p.m.
- Paulo Bruscky: Art is Our Last Hope - Free after 6 p.m.
- Focus Latin America: Art Is Our Last Hope - Free after 6 p.m.
- Quiet Rage, Gentle Wail: Prints and Masks of Japanese Noh Theatre - Free after 6 p.m.
Phoenix Art Museum is one of four Artlink Phoenix First Friday Trolley hubs! Park and enjoy the museum then take the trolley tour and explore all the downtown Phoenix arts and culture destinations. The museum is conveniently located by the Central and McDowell Valley Metro Lightrail station.
Could you see yourself as a member of Phoenix Art Museum? Want to win a Museum Membership?
- Look for the #MailArt exhibition during First Friday October 3.
- Take a picture that includes the artwork, even a selfie, and post on Instagram with the hashtag #imherephxart for a chance to win a Museum Membership!
- One winner will be selected and notified by October 10.
Share your First Friday experience with hashtags #phxff #NohMasks #MailArt #BuddhaScroll #artisourlasthope @phxart.