First Friday at Phoenix Art Museum
Feb 2, 2018, 6pm
• Sheila Pepe: Hot Mess Formalism
• Alexander Calder: An Outburst of Color
• Infinite Light: A Photographic Meditation on Tibet
• Selections from the Schorr Collection
• Philip C. Curtis: The New Deal and American Regionalism
• Border Crossings: Mexico and the American Southwest
• The wheel bears no resemblance to the leg | 6 - 10 pm
- To celebrate the latest in our Video Crossings Series, a three-channel video installation by Mexican artist Erick Meyenberg, the artist himself will be in attendance at the Museum!
- There will also be live music and a cash bar.
• Poetry Reading: Khaled Mattawa | 7 pm
Phoenix Art Museum is one of five Artlink Phoenix First Friday Trolley hubs. Park and enjoy the Museum then take the trolley tour and explore all the downtown Phoenix arts and culture destinations. The Museum is conveniently located by the Central and McDowell Valley Metro Lightrail station.
- Paid parking is available just north of Phoenix Art Museum at Central United Methodist Church from 5pm- 10pm on First Friday. The charge is $10 and can be paid using cash or credit card. Click here for an online map.
- Free overflow parking is also available across the street from Phoenix Art Museum at Central Arts plaza, on the 3rd and 4th floors of the parking garage on the southwest corner of Central Avenue and Palm Lane. Click here for an online map.
Share your First Friday experience: @phxart #phxartff
*Special exhibitions are free for Museum Members.