First Friday at Phoenix Art Museum
Aug 4, 2017, 6pm
Every First Friday, Phoenix Art Museum offers free general admission and discounted special exhibition admission* from 6 - 10PM. This month The Whole Story: Part III will take place in Whiteman Hall at 7:30PM. The Whole Story is a live storytelling show where five people share true stories from their everyday lives. This PG-13, quarterly event is designed to expand black narratives through personal stories. The Whole Story’s creator and curator, Rachel Eseoghene Egboro is proud to present Part III’s featured storytellers: Sentari Minor, Floyd Galloway, Tina Brown, Dawn Klecka and Candice Tolliver. Tickets are $10 for general public and $5 for Museum Members. Space is limited; advance purchase recommended. Click here to purchase tickets. Grab a drink at the cash bar and enjoy a musical perfomance by Angelo Hart on piano in Great Hall.
• Special Installation: Rain by Magdalena Fernandez Opening Night!
• Contemporary Forum Artists Grant Winners and Arlene and Morton Scult Artist Exhibition
• Virtue and Valor: Sikh Art and Heritage
• Good Sport
• Longer Ways to Go: Photography of the American Road
• Selections from the Schorr Collection
• Philip C. Curtis: The New Deal and American Regionalism
• Border Crossings: Mexico and the American Southwest
- Paid parking is available just north of Phoenix Art Museum at Central United Methodist Church from 5pm- 10pm on First Friday. The charge is $10 and can be paid using cash or credit card. Click here for an online map.
- Free overflow parking is also available across the street from Phoenix Art Museum at Central Arts plaza, on the 3rd and 4th floors of the parking garage on the southwest corner of Central Avenue and Palm Lane. Click here for an online map.
Share your First Friday experience: @phxart #phxartff