From 6–10 pm on the first Friday of each month, Phoenix Art Museum is open to the public with voluntary donation admission. Share your First Friday experience: @phxart #phxartff
DanceFest is a free annual event featuring performances by public and private high school dance students and professional dance artists. The event includes main stage and select gallery space performances. Participating schools, artists, and schedule below:
1. Carl Hayden Community High School
2. Central High School
3. Metro Arts
4. NSAA (New School for the Arts)
5. ACAA (Arizona Conservatory for the Arts and Academics)
6. ASA (Arizona School for the Arts)
1. ASU (Arizona State University)
2. SCC (Scottsdale Community College)
3. GCU (Grand Canyon University)
4. CGCC (Chandler Gilbert Community College)
1. Ericka Vaughn Byrne, nueBOX
2. Ann Reinking/Angela Rosenkrans
3. Rashawn Hart
4. Jasmine Nunn
5. Alicia Lyn Nasimiento-Castro
6. Marcus White
6:30 PM and 8:10PM - Ericka Vaughn Byrne; Morell Promenade
6:30 PM and 8:10PM - Jasmine Nunn; Cummings Great Hall
6:40 PM and 8:20PM - Ann Reinking/Angela Rosenkrans; Greenbaum Lobby to Rineberg Gallery
6:40PM Metro Arts; Chase Lobby
6:50 PM and 8:30PM - Rashawn Hart; Chase Lobby
6:50 PM and 8:30PM - Marcus White; Cummings Great Hall
7:00PM - 8:00PM - Main stage; All performers and groups, Cummings Great Hall
Dancefest is organized by Jordan Daniels, Nicole Olson, Carley Conder, Liliana Gomez, Angela Rosenkrans and Julie Akerly.
Help us create a safe environment for you and the art by remembering the following:
‣ Artworks in the Museum are not to be touched.
‣ Food and drink (including water bottles) are not allowed in the Museum.
‣ Backpacks (large and small) are discouraged as they can damage the art. Shoulder bags are allowed.
Getting Here by the Light Rail
The closest station to the Museum is Number 10, McDowell & Central. Click here to download the metro light rail brochure, containing a full map, fare details and operating hours.
A limited amount of parking is available at the Museum. Paid parking may be available north of the Museum at Central United Methodist Church from 5 pm -10 pm on First Friday. The charge is $10 and can be paid using cash or credit card.
Phoenix Art Museum is one of five Artlink Phoenix First Friday Trolley hubs. Park and enjoy the Museum then take the trolley tour and explore all the downtown Phoenix arts and culture destinations. The Museum is conveniently located by the Central and McDowell Valley Metro Lightrail station.
First Fridays at Phoenix Art Museum are generously sponsored by Macy's.