Tours: You Come to Us!
Reserve a date for your students to experience original art objects, ask questions, discover new ideas, and build knowledge of their community. Tours are aligned with Arizona Department of Education Standards to make learning across the curriculum come alive! Most tours are based on the Museum’s extensive collection. Educators may also schedule tours of temporary exhibitions; click here to view our exhibition schedule.
Tours require 5 weeks advance notice and are subject to the relevant admission charges.
- Museum admission is $4 per student, specially ticketed exhibitions are an additional $1 per student
- Admission is free for 1 teacher or chaperone per 10 students (all chaperones must be 21 years of age)
- Additional adults (unless required by your situation) pay admission fee of $4, specially ticketed exhibitions are an additional $1 per adult
- Admission subsidies are available on a limited basis for schools with 50% or more Title I populations
- Bus subsidies are available dependent upon need and available funding. Click here to apply for bus funding.
Tours are led by docents (volunteer teachers) trained to speak knowledgeably and engage students in conversations about objects in the Museum’s collection. Classes will be divided into groups of 10-15. Required chaperone to student ratio is 1:10.
Docent-guided tours must be booked 5 weeks in advance, and are available Tuesday – Thursday beginning at 10am. Click here to book a tour for your students.
Phoenix Art Museum welcomes educators to guide students in a way that best meets their objectives for the experience. Teacher-led tours are offered at the same time as other guided tours and the general public are enjoying the museum. Teachers and chaperones should register for a free Field Trip Preview Night prior to their scheduled visit with students. Click here to register for this free, monthly event.
Teacher-led tours must be booked in advance, and are available Tuesday – Friday beginning at 10am. Click here to book a teacher-led visit for your students.
Prepare your students for a Museum visit.
Play this seventeen minute video in your classroom! Help students become familiar with Museum vocabulary, practice observing artworks and discuss Museum behaviors.