Teen Art Council
For teens, by teens
Teen Art Council is a paid arts leadership opportunity for high school students who:
- collaborate to build a safe space where teens can connect to art, inspire each other, and contribute to a creative community
- act as ambassadors for Phoenix Art Museum and represent their peers within the Museum
- meet artists, museum staff, and other creative people
- explore art and museum careers
Each program year, 15 students from all over the Valley represent the perspective of their peers.
To be eligible, you must:
- be able to attend weekly meetings (on Wednesday evenings, 5-7pm) and events such as Teen Night and #Untitled.
- participate in two Discount Tire Free Family Weekends throughout the year (held the second weekend of each month) for 5 hours each day
- be a high school student in good standing
- have reliable transportation to the Museum
Apply now for the 2018-2019 program year.
Program runs from August 22, 2018 through May 22, 2019.
A night of art, music, and fun. Just for teens.
Spring Teen Night
May 18 | 6 - 9:30 pm
Please visit event for all details.
Satisfy your curiosity. Meet other teens. Make something cool.
Outside the Box, Inside the Screen: Student Short Films
June 1 | 7 pm
Please visit event for details.
Teen programs are supported by Thunderbirds Charities, the Craig R. and Barbara M. Barrett Foundation, APS, the Alice and Jim Bazlen and Jane A. Lehman Foundation, and John and Erin Gogolak. The Diversifying Art Museum Leadership Initiative is supported by the Walton Family Foundation and the Ford Foundation.