TEEN ART COUNCIL
Lead the way! Apply to be a part of the first-ever teen arts council at Phoenix Art Museum!
This is an exciting opportunity to shape your fellow teens’ experience at the Museum. Teen Council members create a welcoming and comfortable environment for other teens through planning and promotion of teen-centered events and projects (including Teen Night); meet with staff, local artists, and other presenters; participate in hands-on artmaking; and get a behind the scenes view of how a museum runs.
To be eligible, you must:
- be able to attend weekly meetings (on Wednesday evenings, 5-7pm)
- be ambassador/host/guide/ leader at teen council events, including Teen Night on March 10
- volunteer for at least two Discount Tire Free Family Days (held the second weekend of each month) for a minimum of 5 hours each day
- be a high school student in good standing (minimum 3.0 GPA)
- have reliable transportation to the Museum
Program runs from January 25–May 24, 2017.
Applications for Spring 2017 are now closed.
A night of art, music, and food. Just for teens. All for free.
Next teen night: March 10, 2017. See more details here!
Hands-on artmaking for middle school and high school students. Experiment. Tinker. Make.
Keep an eye on the spring calendar to register for the next one.
Teen programs are supported by Thunderbirds Charities, with additional support by the Craig R. and Barbara M. Barrett Foundation along with the Alice and Jim Bazlen and Jane A. Lehman Foundation.