Teen Art Council
Teen Art Council is a group of 15 high school students who meet at the Museum weekly to plan and promote teen-centered events and projects (including Teen Night); meet with staff, local artists, and other presenters; participate in hands-on art-making; and get a behind the scenes view of how a museum runs. Their mission is to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for all teens to connect to works of art here. Best of all, Teen Art Council members are paid for their contributions.
To be eligible, you must:
- be able to attend weekly meetings (on Wednesday evenings, 5-7pm)
- be ambassador/host/guide/leader at teen council events, including Teen Night on March 10
- participate in two Discount Tire Free Family Days throughout the year (held the second weekend of each month) for a minimum of 5 hours each day
- be a high school student in good standing (minimum 3.0 GPA)
- have reliable transportation to the Museum
A night of art, music, and food. Just for teens. All for free.
Next teen night: November 17, 2017.
Saturday, September 2: Rise Fall Rise with Patricia Sannit