Teen Art Council
For teens, by teens
Teen Art Council is a paid arts leadership opportunity for high school students who:
- collaborate to build a safe space where teens can connect to art, inspire each other, and contribute to a creative community
- act as ambassadors for Phoenix Art Museum and represent their peers within the Museum
- meet artists, museum staff, and other creative people
- explore art and museum careers
Each program year, 15 students from all over the Valley represent the perspective of their peers.
To be eligible, you must:
- be able to attend weekly meetings (on Wednesday evenings, 5-7 pm) and events such as Teen Night and #Untitled.
- participate in two Discount Tire Free Family Sundays throughout the year (held on the second Sunday of each month) for 5 hours each day
- be a high school student in good standing
- have reliable transportation to the Museum
Applications for the 2019-2020 program year are no longer open. Applications were due by Wednesday, May 1.
Teen Art Council program runs from August 2019 through May 2020.
Satisfy your curiosity. Meet other teens. Make something cool.
Check back for upcoming events!
Teen programs are made possible through the generosity of the Carstens Family Funds. They are made possible, in part, through The Diversifying Art Museum Leadership Initiative, funded by the Walton Family Foundation and the Ford Foundation, and supported by Thunderbirds Charities.