The internship program at Phoenix Art Museum provides current undergraduates, graduate students and recent graduates, with opportunities to work on projects directed by Museum staff. Interns are introduced to the broad spectrum of museum work and to Museum staff, departments, programs and operations. Internships are offered in three sessions per year, Spring, Summer and Fall. Summer interns generally work 20 hours per week; schedules may vary slightly to accommodate departmental needs. The summer internship session begins in early June and lasts for eight weeks, for a total of at least 160 work hours. Fall/Spring semester and special-project interns' schedules vary according to the internship position and to accommodate class schedules, but total at least 120 work hours.
Unless otherwise noted ALL internships at Phoenix Art Museum are performed on a volunteer basis. Museum staff members aid in the intern’s pursuit of academic credit, if applicable. All interns receive a one-year membership at Phoenix Art Museum.
Spring 2017 Internships are now available. Spring Internship opportunities:
- Development (Events & Stewardship)
- Digital Asset Management
- Education - Family Programs
- Marketing (Design)
- Marketing (Press)
- Volunteer & Visitor Services
Before you get started, you will need the following materials for your application, all formatted as PDFs:
- a cover letter stating why you are qualified for the internship you're applying for (500 words max)
- a current resume
- 2 letters of recommendation
Transcripts are required and should be mailed to Phoenix Art Museum c/o Internships 1625 N. Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85004
Applications are due no later than November 7, 2016
Apply online here.
If you have any questions, please email Jennifer.Adams@phxart.org.
- Candidates may submit only one application per session.
- Incomplete or late applications are not considered.
- Internship selection is competitive, and is based on academic standing, letters of recommendation, personal statement; and required interview.
- All applicants are notified of the Museum's decision to offer or decline an internship within two weeks of the respective application deadline.
- Questions? Email the Museum's Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.