The internship program at Phoenix Art Museum provides current undergraduates, graduate students and recent graduates, with opportunities to work on projects directed by Museum staff. Interns are introduced to the broad spectrum of museum work and to Museum staff, departments, programs and operations. Internships are offered in three sessions per year, Spring, Summer and Fall. Summer interns generally work 20 hours per week; schedules may vary slightly to accommodate departmental needs. The summer internship session begins in early June and lasts for eight weeks, for a total of at least 160 work hours. Fall/Spring semester and special-project interns' schedules vary according to the internship position and to accommodate class schedules, but total at least 120 work hours.
Unless otherwise noted ALL internships at Phoenix Art Museum are performed on a volunteer basis. Museum staff members aid in the intern’s pursuit of academic credit, if applicable. All interns receive a one-year membership at Phoenix Art Museum.
How to Apply
Fall Session 2015
Curatorial – Latin American Art
Development – Circles of Support
Education – Library
Education – School Programs
Marketing – Social Media & Digital Marketing
Fall Session 2015 - September 11 to December 4, 2015
Applications DUE: August 10th
- Transcripts will still need to be mailed separately. Please have transcripts ready prior to completing the online application.
- Candidates may submit only one application per session.
- Incomplete or late applications are not considered.
- Internship selection is competitive, and is based on academic standing, letters of recommendation, personal statement; and required interview.
- All applicants are notified of the Museum's decision to offer or decline an internship within one month of the respective application deadline.
- Questions? Email the Museum's Education Department at email@example.com.