The internship program at Phoenix Art Museum provides current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates, with opportunities to work on projects directed by Museum staff. Interns are introduced to the broad spectrum of museum work and to Museum staff, departments, programs and operations. Internships are offered in three sessions per year, Spring, Summer and Fall. Summer interns generally work 20 hours per week; schedules may vary slightly to accommodate departmental needs and/or multiple departmental interns. The summer internship session begins in early June and lasts for eight weeks, for a total of at least 160 work hours. Fall/Spring semester and special-project interns' schedules vary according to the internship position and to accommodate class schedules, but total at least 120 work hours.
How to Apply
- Carefully review individual internship descriptions below to make sure that you meet all criteria before applying.
- Click here to download the full internship program guidelines (including eligibility criteria) and application.
Please send application materials to:
Phoenix Art Museum
1625 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85004-1685
- Candidates may submit only one application per session.
- Incomplete or late applications are not considered.
- Applications are not accepted via email, fax, or in person.
- Internship selection is competitive, and is based on academic standing, letters of recommendation, personal statement; and interview (required for all finalists in the selection process).
- All applicants are notified of the Museum's decision to offer or decline an internship within one month of the respective application deadline.
- Questions? Email the Museum's Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless otherwise noted in individual internship descriptions, most internships at Phoenix Art Museum are performed on a volunteer basis. Museum staff members aid in the intern's pursuit of academic credit, if applicable. All interns receive a one-year student membership.
Upcoming Opportunities - Spring Session 2015
Session dates: January 9, 2015 to April 3, 2015
Application Deadline: November 14, 2014