- The internship program at Phoenix Art Museum provides current undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates (within one year from graduation date) with opportunities to work on projects directed by Museum staff.
- Interns are introduced to the broad spectrum of museum work and to Museum staff, departments, programs and operations.
- Internships are offered in three sessions per year: Spring, Summer and Fall. Summer interns generally work 20 hours per week; schedules may vary slightly to accommodate departmental needs. The summer internship session begins in early June and lasts for nine weeks, for a total of at least 160 work hours. Fall/Spring semester schedules vary according to the internship position and to accommodate class schedules, but total at least 125 work hours.
- Interns can only participate in one session with the possibility of applying for an extension into a second session (i.e. internships can last a maximum of 2 sessions).
- Unless otherwise noted ALL internships at Phoenix Art Museum are performed on a volunteer basis. Museum staff members aid in the intern’s pursuit of academic credit, if applicable.
- All interns receive a one-year membership at Phoenix Art Museum.
Summer 2017 and Fall 2017 internship applications are open!
Applications for both internship sessions are due Friday, March 17, 2017.
- Candidates may submit only one application per session.
- Incomplete or late applications are not considered.
- Internship selection is competitive and is based on academic standing, letters of recommendation, personal statement, and required interview.
- All applicants are notified of the Museum's decision to offer or decline an internship within two weeks of the respective application deadline.
- Questions? Email the Museum's Higher Education Program Specialist at Jennifer.Adams@phxart.org