- Gain dynamic, professional experience working under the guidance of staff mentors
- Participate in a robust professional development series
- Gain real-world experiences that will prepare interns to enter the job market with confidence
Diversifying Art Museum Leadership Initiative Internships
The Diversifying Art Museum Leadership Initiative (DAMLI) enables students from groups historically underrepresented in museum professions to explore careers in the arts.
Individuals of Black or African American, Asian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic or Latinx, or Native American descent
Individuals of the LQBTQI+ community
Individuals who identify as differently-abled
Priority may be given to residents of Arizona attending college either in-state or out-of-state, or Arizona residents who recently graduated from an in-state or out-of-state college (within 12 months of graduation date)
How to Apply for Internships
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official or unofficial transcripts
Apply online here or below. Both internship opportunities share the same application.
- Students can submit applications for both regular and DAMLI internships
- Internships are project-based and span all departments
- Internships are open to all majors
- Internships are part-time (160 total work hours) and offered three sessions per year: Spring, Summer, and Fall
- All interns receive a one-year membership at Phoenix Art Museum
Questions about internships? Email Briauna Tutwiler, the Museum's higher education program coordinator, at Briauna.Tutwiler@phxart.org.