ARTS INTEGRATION & APPETIZERS
Explore. Connect. Discuss.
A Wednesday evening professional development series for educators.
Open to all educators, no art background required. Discover techniques for integrating art into your classroom learning, hear from local arts professionals, enjoy special tours of Museum exhibitions, and network while enjoying hands-on learning in a fun, casual atmosphere (with snacks!).
Programs are the first Wednesday of each month (September-May), 5:30 to 7:30pm.
- September 6: Contemporary Art made Accessible (Past/Future/Present: Contemporary Brazilian Art from the Museum of Modern Art, São Paulo)
- October 4: Día de los Muertos/Day of the Dead
- November 1: Art & Craft (Shelia Pepe: Hot Mess Formalism)
- December 6: Geometry in Art (Alexander Calder: An Outburst of Color)
- February 7: Art for Students on the Spectrum
- March 7: Teaching STEAM through Fashion (Iris van Herpen: Transforming Fashion)
- April 4: Art and Story (Velaska Soares: Any Moment Now)
- May 2: End of year Arts Celebration
Free for members/ $10 for non-Members. Ticket includes resources, appetizers & Museum admission. Space is limited. Pre-registration required here.
Educators are eligible for a special, $45 membership that includes FREE admission to all 8 Arts Integration & Appetizers workshops. To learn more, visit phxart.org/join.
FIELD TRIP PREVIEW NIGHTS
Considering a field trip? Join us on September 13, 2017 or January 17, 2018 from 6:00 - 7:30 pm.
Field Trip Preview Night is an opportunity to orientate yourself and parent chaperones prior to a class visit to Phoenix Art Museum.
Interactive, in-gallery sessions facilitated by Museum educators will address strategies for ensuring a successful field trip. Learn techniques to guide students through making relevant connections to art, all while enjoying a preview of what’s on view. Educators and potential field trip chaperones are invited to join us for free.
RSVP to email@example.com.
2018 EDUCATOR ARTS: ARTS INTEGRATED LEARNING & CULTURAL RESOURCE FAIR
Saturday, August 25, 2018
CONNECT. The arts connect students to people, places, and big ideas. Learn to connect the arts to your classroom curriculum through presentations and participatory workshops.
EXPLORE. Learn about the resources available for your classroom during the Arts & Cultural Resource Fair. Meet with representatives from organizations eager to serve you and your students.
DISCUSS. Network with fellow educators—pose questions and uncover answers.
Registration will open summer 2018.
Special thanks to William Randolph Hearst Foundation for generously sponsoring educator events at Phoenix Art Museum.