ARTS INTEGRATION & APPETIZERS
A Wednesday evening professional development series for educators
Programs run from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and will include light refreshments. Join fellow educators as we explore ways to use art objects as primary source materials for learning across the curriculum. Participants receive free teaching resources, and will enjoy hands-on activities, gallery tours, and opportunities to discover Museum resources. Details and registration for the 2016-2017 school year coming soon!
2016 EDUCATOR ARTS: ARTS INTEGRATED LEARNING & CULTURAL RESOURCE FAIR
Saturday, August 27, 2016, 8:30am-4:30pm at the Phoenix Art Museum
CONNECT.The arts connect students to people, places, and big ideas. Learn to connect the arts to your classroom curriculum through presentations and participatory workshops. During registration, you'll select THREE workshops to attend. You are welcome to register for any available session, although some are targeted for specific audiences. We hope you'll branch out and try something new - even something outside of your comfort zone! Learn to connect your teaching practice with the visual arts, theater, music, opera, and dance!
- Reading Portraits as Biography – PHOENIX ART MUSEUM
- Connect & Create – PHOENIX ART MUSEUM
- Methods of Dramatic Interpretation – ARIZONA OPERA
- Developing Original Works through the Dramaturgical Process – PHOENIX THEATER
- Drama & Kinesthetic Learning in the PreK-2nd grade Classroom – CHILDSPLAY THEATER
- Drama & Kinesthetic Learning in the Upper Elementary and Jr. High Classroom – CHILDSPLAY THEATER
- Music in the Interdisciplinary Classroom – PHOENIX SYMPHONY
- Integration: Dance – BALLET ARIZONA
- Field trips.
- Outreach programs at your school.
- Professional development.
- Class materials.
- Lesson plans & more!
REGISTER NOW AT https://eduartsday.eventbrite.com Registration is FREE prior to August 20, 2016 and $35 (if space is available) for late registration. Register early to select sessions that best meet your needs. Registration includes admission to Phoenix Art Museum, catered lunch, workshop materials, 1 raffle entry, teaching resources, & continuing education certificate. Please contact Michelle.Sparks@phxart.org with any questions about the event.
SUMMER SPECIAL EARLY REGISTRATION BONUS: Register by August 1, 2016 to receive an extra raffle entry!